Looking for a divorce lawyer to finalise your divorce promptly?
If you have been separated from your spouse for 12 months or more, you are eligible to apply for a divorce regardless of the reasons for the separation.
Even if you have been living under the same roof for part of the 12-month period, we can assist you in proving that you meet the minimum requirements for the divorce to be granted.
We understand how difficult this stage of your life can be and so we will do everything we can to ensure your divorce proceeds without any major setbacks.
If there are children below the age of 18, the Court will not make parenting orders at a divorce hearing but the Court needs to be satisfied that arrangements for the care, education and financial support of the children have been sufficiently addressed before the Court grants a divorce. Arrangements for children and financial issues need not be finalised at the time of the divorce hearing as they are dealt with separately from the divorce.
When divorce is granted at a divorce hearing, the divorce order usually becomes final one month and one day later and a divorce order is then sent to both parties.
Preparing Documents for your Divorce Hearing
We will help you close this chapter of your life so that you can move on to the next stage.
Doray Legal can assist with the following aspects of your divorce:
- Preparing your divorce application and lodging it at Court.
- Serving your divorce application on your spouse (if the divorce application is not a joint application).
- Preparing relevant documents required by the Court for the divorce to be granted, including affidavits of evidence from the parties and independent witnesses about the parties living under the same roof after separation.
- Representing you at the divorce hearing.
- Contesting a divorce application.
If you have any questions or require representation from a divorce lawyer, call Doray Legal on (08) 9364 2588 or contact us for a consultation and enquire about our reduced fee for your first consultation.