Child Support

Need assistance with a claim for child support or adult child maintenance? 

From school fees to sporting commitments, bringing up children is expensive. Both parents have a duty to financially support their children. Some adult children need to be supported past the age of 18 with adult child maintenance because they are still at high school, TAFE or university or have a disability and are unable to support themselves. 

Assistance with Child Support and Adult Child Maintenance Claims

We assist in:

  • Advising you on your or the other parent’s child support obligations.
  • Making or responding to a child support claim or assessment.
  • Making or responding to an adult child maintenance claim.
  • Negotiating with the other party on the child support or adult child maintenance to be provided.
  • If an agreement is reached on the child support or adult child maintenance to be provided, preparing or reviewing an agreement to be signed by both parties
  • Registering the agreement with the Child Support authority where the child has not turned 18 yet or securing Family Court consent orders where the child has turned 18, so the agreement is legally binding and enforceable

If you need advice, assistance or representation regarding child support or adult child maintenance, call Doray Legal on (08) 9364 2588 or contact us for a consultation and enquire about our reduced fee for your first consultation.