Property Settlement Lawyers
Before and after you separate, it is important to get proper legal advice and assistance on what you should do with your finances and what your entitlements are. Doray Legal can assist you in every aspect of family law property settlement.
Book a Consultation Call 9364 2588
What is involved in a property settlement
When spouses or de facto partners separate, the most common issue to be resolved is how the assets and liabilities are to be divided between them. This is commonly known as property settlement.
You can seek a family law property settlement any time after you separate. Time limits apply to making an application to the Family court for a property settlement after separation.
Determining how the assets and liabilities are to be divided between the spouses or de facto partners involves:
- Identifying the assets, liabilities and financial resources that the parties have, whether jointly or solely;
- Assessing the contributions made by each party financially, non-financially and as parent and homemaker;
- Considering various factors such as each party’s age, health, income earning capacity, financial commitments, financial circumstances and future needs;
- Determining what division of the assets and liabilities is just and equitable in the circumstances.
How the assets and property are divided is determined by the property division lawyer upon examination of the relevant facts. There are no hard and fast rules as to what the division should be.
How we can assist
Before and after you separate, it is important to get proper legal advice on what you should do and what your entitlements are. Doray Legal can assist you in every aspect of family law property settlement including the following:
- Advise you on what you should do to maximise your entitlement in the property settlement;
- Gathering the information and documents you need to work out and realise your entitlement in the property settlement;
- Advise you on your entitlement in the property settlement;
- Represent you in negotiations;
- When agreement is reached, assist you in formalising the agreement under the Family Law Act;
- If litigation is necessary, represent you in court proceedings.
We are established, reputable property settlement lawyers in Perth. We will help you take the right course of action for the best possible outcome at minimum cost. We understand your difficult circumstances and we strive to make the process as easy and stress-free as possible.
Contact Doray Legal at 9364 2588 for advice, assistance or representation from our property settlement lawyers.