Divorce Lawyers Perth
We understand that going through a divorce is a difficult time in anyone’s life. Our experienced divorce lawyers will advise and assist you to make the process easier.
Book a Consultation Call 9364 2588
Under the Family Law Act, the Court will grant a divorce if:
- The parties have been separated for at least 12 months at the time of the divorce application. There is no need to give reasons to the Court for seeking a divorce as the Court will not consider the reasons as to why the marriage has ended. The parties could be separated but still living under the same roof for the entire 12 months or for part of the 12 months provided that the Court is satisfied by evidence from independent witnesses that the parties were separated while they still lived under the same roof; The parties could be reconciled for up to three months in total during the 12-month period; and
- The Court is satisfied that proper arrangements have been made for any children of the marriage who are below 18 years of age. It does not matter that the parties have not yet resolved any dispute between them in relation to their children. It also does not matter if the parties have not yet resolved their financial issues.
You can apply for a divorce on your own or your spouse and you can apply for a divorce together.
When a divorce is granted at the hearing of a divorce application, the divorce does not become final until one month later when a divorce order is issued.
Doray Legal's divorce lawyers in Perth can assist you with the following:
- Preparing your divorce application and lodging it at court;
- Serving your divorce application on your spouse;
- Applying to the court for dispensation of service of your divorce application on your spouse;
- Preparing relevant documents to satisfy the court that your spouse has been properly served with regards to your divorce application;
- Representing you at the divorce hearing;
- Contesting a divorce application.
Contact Doray Legal at 9364 2588 for advice, assistance or representation from our divorce lawyers in relation to your divorce application or contesting a divorce application.